At RVi, our mission is to create vibrant and enduring places that people know and love. Our team is made up of smart, fun, and collaborative individuals who see the big picture. Founded in Austin in 1982, RVi also has offices in Houston, Scottsdale, and Atlanta and enjoys a strong client base and a diverse portfolio. We offer planning and landscape architecture services across a broad range of market sectors, including parks, master planned communities, commercial, academic, transportation, and more.
The Business Manager is the head of the administrative team and provides office support to staff and to the management team. The Business Manager is responsible for managing the administrative staff in Austin, overseeing the administrative staff in other RVi offices, coordination of benefits, financial reporting for the executive team, and assisting with project administration and budgeting. The Business Manager also serves as a liaison between RVi and our parent company Atwell, which administers RVi’s HR benefits and financial and billing systems. The Business Manager will also be responsible for working with RVI Project Managers to ensure accurate and timely invoicing of projects, project financial reporting, collection of invoices, oversight of accounts payable and the RVI administrative functions.
The ideal candidate will be dependable, flexible, organized, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and will possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as a sense of humor. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook specifically), Deltek Vision and accounting reporting is highly desirable.
The following are the basic duties and requirements of this position:
- Supervises and coordinates activities of the Austin administrative staff;
- Oversees the general functions of the administrative staff in other offices;
- Coordinates office leasing with property manager;
- Serves as backup to Administrative Coordinator, as needed;
- Reviews and extrapolates the Firm’s financial performance;
- Supervises Administrative Coordinator’s accounts payable and accounts receivable functions;
- Manages sub-consultant weekly payables;
- Prepares financial forecasts and budgets;
- Supports the RVi Project Managers with Contract Administration
- Utilizes Deltek Vision to manage client and project set-up, billing system updates, prepare billing invoices, and process billing changes.
- Verifies final invoices format for accuracy; prints and mails or emails final invoices.
- Manages the firm Accounts Receivable collection efforts;
- Responsible for providing any needed project and/or financial related reports;
- Oversees project administration in project management and billing software;
- Assists in creating and reviewing proposals/contracts and process updates in Vision.
- Assists in monitoring project profitability;
- Monitors and assists with project billing activities;
- Maintains off-site storage and cataloguing files;
- Coordinates with parent company to:
- Maintain Liaison with parent company to enroll new employees and terminate employees in ADP, if necessary;
- Coordinates with CEO/President to process payroll adjustments;
- Maintain Liaison with parent company for benefits, day-to-day functions of 401(k) plan, compliance with federal and state employment law and content of Employee Handbook.
- Assist in tracking staff continuing education;
- Assist in planning and coordinating company events
The Business Manager reports directly to the President and the CEO. The Business Manager routinely works directly with Project Managers and Staff Designers to monitor project performance and confirm efficient billing cycles.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or closely related field;
- 5-10 yrs. of experience at an A/E firm or similar professional services firm
- Minimum 2 yrs. exp. in a similar role
- Experience with Deltek Vision highly desirable
- Must have proficiency in an accounting software.
- Advanced knowledge of A/E industry finance and business management and human resources operations;
- Advanced accounting and business management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively without close supervision;
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite (with emphasis on Excel) and Deltek Vision software skills;
- Understanding of A/E industry terminology, standards, and procedures
Please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position. Please send all materials in digital format to: info[at]rviplanning[dot]com. We look forward to hearing from you!
We offer a 40-hour 4-1/2 day work week, a highly collaborative work environment, competitive pay and benefits, and an enjoyable corporate culture. To learn more about RVi, check us out on our Blog, Facebook, and LinkedIn.